Dear Alex, dear *,
Firstly, I would like to excuse myself to not be present at a lot of ambassadors meeting but due to my job I am unfortunatly not able to talk via IRC - Policies Restrictions -.
Sorry for that.
Nonetheless, I would like to thank you for the package you are going to send me. -see below -
It is great you did not forgot me.
> * FOSDEM (Feb 25-26) in Brussel, Belgium:
> FredericHornain is not present
> - we have sent a care package to hornain too
> - 75 Ts and 150 DVDs
Anyway, I will publish some pictures of this event in order to correct with you and show you my good faith.
BTW, it could be intersting to have a banner or a board in order to tell to vistor that is the fedora's stand.
If you have an account in the Fedora Account System, you should now have a
corresponding alias @fedoraproject.org, and the other 16 Fedora-related
domains that are hosted on the Fedora infrastructure. Some of these
domains that might be relevant to you in your role as ambassadors include:
(If any .uk/.in/.nz ambassadors would like to work on setting up
country-specific web sites for these domains, please let me know!)
Team--I read the .pdf that was posted on the Talking Points page on the
wiki and thought it could use a few edits--I have posted a revised
version in Open Office document format at the following location:
Please read and give me detailed feedback--my edits included spelling,
syntax, and some content enhancements.
Martin Joseph Brej * Fedora Enthusiast &
mjbrej(a)sbcglobal.net * mjbrej on irc.freenode.net #fedora-mktg
gpg fingerprint 202E 9B0A 2D20 C9B6 D703 1504 51D1 E1E8 14A0 CF3B
== Present ==
* AlexMaier (lxmaier)
* AurelienBompard (abompard)
* GeroldKassube (GeroldKa)
* DavidBarzilay (barz)
* ThomasChung (tchung)
* iWolf (?)
* ThorstenLeemhuis (thl)
* GregDeKoenigsberg (gregdek)
* MikaelJacobsson (maikaru)
* RobertWhetsel (rwhetsel)
== Review upcoming events ==
* Solutions Linux 2006 (Jan 31-Feb 2) in Paris, France:
- can't have a booth but I'll be there one day only (last day)
- I can give papers and dvds to friends in the lug
- you will receive 75 Ts and 150 DVDs
- it will be 25 Ts and 50 dvds a day to distribute
- these are all Ts with old logo
- have the others take pictures of the event
* GNUify (Feb 4-5) in Pune, India:
RahulSundaram is not present
* Linux Asia 2006 (Feb 8-10) in New Delhi India:
RahulSundaram is not present
SankarshanMukhopadhyay is not present
- a package for this event as well and it will go out to SatishMohan
- we have divided up all the tshirts and DVDs we had among four events
- linuxAsia, Solutions Linux, FOSDEM, and SCALE 4X
- we will have more goodies when the new quarter comes (March 1)
* SCALE 4X (Feb 11-12) in Los Angeles, CA
ThomasChung is late for report but GregDeKoenigsberg sent him the package via FedEx.
* NOTE on donation or fund-raising at the Event:
- everybody--before we have finished the foundation's legal details, please DO NOT
- no fund-raising, at all, not until we have some kind of status
- if someone offers to buy you pizza, feel free to accept, but no money
* FOSDEM (Feb 25-26) in Brussel, Belgium:
FredericHornain is not present
- we have sent a care package to hornain too
- 75 Ts and 150 DVDs
* LWCE Australia (Mar 28-30) in Sydney, Australia:
- jwulf and another local enthusiast will check their availability
- will let u know via email
- we have no more DVDs for this one, but hope to have FC5 until then
- we'll have to improvise, maybe burn DVDs on site or something
- we can produce Ts and other schwag as soon as we have the new quarter
== Fedora Libraries ==
- this is a project of ubuntu that Im going to copy :)
- the idea is to give libraries dvds and the latter will lend them like books
- afterwards they can give a try to Fedora and copy the dvd etc
- but to be honest this will be mostly done by lugs
- ambassadors or members of the lugs can give a small intro about fedora
- we have not found maintainer for LiveCD project yet.
- We posted a call for maintainer for LiveCD project twice in FWN
== LinuxTag and FUDCon ==
- Is there a FUDCon in LinuxTag (Wiesbaden,Germany) ?
- I haven't done anything till now
- please get in touch with LinuxTag and reserve a booth for fedora
- we will try to have a FUDCon there too
- FUDCon being at the event with a booth in the .ORG area is essential
- we are allowed to have 3-4 FUDCons in a year
- we are planning to have it in LinuxAsia, LinuxTag and LinuxWorld (Boston)
== Schwag pipepline ==
- Right now, there *is* *no* *pipeline*. There is *me* and *Alex*.
- We're working to famsco. We're working that plan
== Email Aliases for fedoraproject.org ==
- email aliases issue can be moved to closed issues
- everyone in Ambassadors should sign up in Fedora Account System in order to get email
- this issue has been moved to closed issues
== Funding Options for Show ==
- we can come up with some creative funding ways
- we gotta establish some boundaries for possible partnerships
== Presentations for Ambassadors ==
- we already got some presentations in fedoraproject.org
- we could have a few default models, i.e. for schools and universities, another for
- has been working on localizing an FC presentation to Brazilian Portuguese
- we should have one about the FEDORA CORE, other about fedora foundation, FDS, Fedora
- will work on localizing an FC presentation for Italian market
== Standard Kits for Ambassadors ==
- We need a banner for Fedora Project for an event
- Fedora mouse pads? Fedora pens?
- need to be light (as in weight) and flexible material
- gotta check costs
- gotta be durable
- can you get us some quotes on different materials
- Fedora pins? Fedora LiveCDs?
== Business Cards for Ambassadors ==
- We should have some space on it for the GPG fingerprint
- they could be used in keysigning parties too
- Removed Business Card option #4 since its color is not official
- we should have an option to print them ourselves
- will count the votes for biz card options from archive and irc
- will send out meeting minutes if someone send me a full IRC log
- Time to check list archive and make a decision on the votes
- bus cards are a crucial material and i believe we cannot take much longer
- talk to our graphic designer about these
- standard dimension for the paper? color specifications? printer technologies?
- please count the votes for biz card options in the archive and post'em to the list
== Next Meeting ==
* 2006-01-26 22:00 UTC
* See World Time at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Meetings
Can one of the Ambassadors please help?
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith(a)ieee.org>
Date: Jan 18, 2006 3:43 PM
Subject: Re: Please add your LUG to the Listing -- lists with 2-3
Fedora gurus ...
To: Discussions on expanding the Fedora user base
Michael Knox <mike.j.knox(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Indeed it is a good idea. I have now added my local LUG.
If people with edit access can add the following LUGs to the
page, I'd greatly appreciate it.
USA / FL / Gainesville - Florida Linux Users (FLU) --
USA / FL / Jacksonville - Jacksonville Linux User's Group
(JAXLUG) -- http://www.jaxlug.org
USA / FL / Miami-Ft. Lauderdale - Florida Linux User Xchange
(FLUX) -- http://www.flux.org
USA / FL / Orlando - Linux Enthusiasts and Professionals,
Inc. of Central Florida (LEAP-CF) -- http://www.leap-cf.org
USA / FL / Orlando - Greater Orlando Linux User Group (GOLUG)
USA / FL / Tampa-Sarasota - Suncoast Linux Users Group (SLUG)
USA / IL / Carbondale-Fairview Heights - Southern Illinois
Linux Users Group (SILUG) -- http://www.silug.org
USA / IL / Springfield - Linux Users of Central Illinois
(LUCI) -- http://www.luci.org/
USA / MO / St. Louis - St. Louis Linux Users Group (SLLUG) --
I belong to several other lists in many other states (yes, I
get around a lot doing a lot of Linux consulting), although I
wouldn't call them "Fedora Friendly." The above lists at
least have at least 2-3 Fedora gurus.
Bryan J. Smith Professional, Technical Annoyance
*** Speed doesn't kill, difference in speed does ***
Fedora-marketing-list mailing list
Check out the new content on Fedora Project page! http://fedoraproject.org
Is this list ambassadors only or can others sign in and just read the
conversations?. If its ambassadors only, we should be unsubscribing non
ambassadors in this list and delisting people in the wiki, who haven't
introduced themselves. If they don't speak English, someone speaking
their native tongue should contact them and get this process done.
Fedora Bug Triaging - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers
* Jaswinder Singh Phulewala (Jassy)
*Full legal name : Jaswinder Singh
*City, Country: Moga (Punjab), India
*Profession or Student status: Localization Member
*Company or School: member of Punjabi Translation Team
*Your goals in the Fedora Project
Translation of Open Source Software and Document in Punjabi (Gurmukhi)
*How do you work for Fedora Project?
Awareness towards Open Source->Training to people, Distributing
CDs, Giving support
*What do you want to write about and make available for?
English to Punjabi Online
* Historical qualifications
* What other projects or writing have you worked on in the past?
I m working for Translation of Open Source Project gnome, kde, xfce,
* What level and type of computer skills do you have?
I m working for Translation from last 1 and 1/2 year
* What other skills do you have that might be applicable?
User interface design, other so-called soft skills (people skills),
Translation of GUI
unfortunately I received today the declining of the MiniBit 2006 (in
Loerrach, Germany) owning to a lack of demand on which I've had planed
to be part of it as ...
... an Fedora Ambassador
... an with my LUG
So I delete the entrance in the Wiki; ...
The good thing in that case is; I've maybe more time to go to the FUDCon
on the Linuxtag and on the Linuxtag himself in Germany (Wiesbaden).
Does anybody have a hotel recommendation for me at Wiesbaden???
My name is Rajesh Ranjan ( Bihar, India). I am working for several open
projects including Fedora, Gnome, Openoffice.org, Firefox and Thunderbird,
Robot in Hindi Language, one of the most spoken langauge of the world.
Earlier worked as Hindi Journalist for groups like Indian Express, Literate