On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 10:15:14AM -0500, Mike Orazi wrote:
On 12/06/2012 05:32 PM, Mo Morsi wrote:
>Hey Greg, migrated your wiki and tossed it up on my fedorapeople account
>(haven't used that in forever!). You can find the github compatible
While I think this approach is perfectly fine, just in terms of
semantics for future migrations, I'd say that the "migration" includes
putting the content up on GitHub. This feels more like an export than a
As a point of general information, when Matt and I ran through the
process to see about feasibility we took the textile and ran it
through pandoc to convert it to markdown prior to pushing it into
the github wiki. Every project is free to make their own decision on
what format works best for them -- the underlying engine that github
uses to render the wiki supports a fair number of lightweight markup
Yes, when I did an experimental migration from Redmine to GitHub for the
Conductor wiki (on my fork of the project), I used Pandoc to convert
everything to Markdown.
The GitHub wiki will merrily work with either format (and some others),
but when you create a page in one format, it stays in that format. Since
Markdown seems a lot more popular (and, IMHO, sane) than Textile, I
thought it made sense to bulk-convert everything as well.
So I'd say the flow should be export from Redmine -> pandoc -> import to
GitHub as Markdown.