Here is the proposal for a API feature planned for this iteration.
The general idea is to create a RESTful API for conductor allowing us to
manage all conductor functionality through this API.
Currently we have some xml and json responses implemented in controllers
For the beginning I suggest to use responder object to directly render
XML responses for collections,
lately when we want to stabilize the API we should use XML templates.
Here I propose features and tasks:
=== As a developer I want to have clean controllers.
* Move more code to before filters
* Move more code to models
=== As a developer I want to have full test suite for the API
* Implement all Rspec tests for the API
=== As a user I want to be able to consume xml API
* Add responder object to actions index and show for all controllers
=== As a user I want to be able to modify data through xml API
* Add responder object to actions update and destroy for all
=== As a user I want to have overview of the API
* Implement entry point for the API
* Implement/configure HTTP authentication