December 20th, 2012
Matt Wagner (Awesome)
Next meeting in two weeks (January 3rd, 2013), due to the holidays.
Github Issues for Current Mileston
- #42 - community management mailing list - Francesco on PTO, will check next meeting
- #40 - about page busted with chrome - Matt will work on this
- #34 - updated personas page - Andy on PTO
- #39 - favicon - Andy sent one out, Matt will put it up
- #27 - contribute page - pull request created by Jiri, Mainn will review
- create next milestone, start creating issues - Matt
- tentative dates - January 9th - 30th; can afford to be flexible
- wiki move - export started by Mo, in progress
- being converted to markdown
- wikilinks are being updated
- images and other wiki documents - how to handle?
- morazi thinks he remembers a guide, will look up
- redmine will go to readonly mode when things are done, informational email will be sent out then
- tentative schedule - end of January
- Matt sent out email about managing openshift
- upstream vs downstream
- similar to ovirt vs rhev
- create a blog post
- Matt will create an issue
- winged monkey - who to talk to for guidance about setting up website?
- Francesco/Justin did the transfer over to github pages
- Hugh may need to transfer over; Mo previously submitted tickets related to aeolusproject.org, can ask him for details
Due to xmas holidays and other commitments, only 3 people (myself,
sseago and jcoufal) managed to make today's Tech Cabal Meeting.
Given the low attendance, we decided to postpone this weeks meeting.
We'll pick it up when we return after the xmas break, the next meeting
will be January 8th 2013.
Enjoy your holidays!
Dec. 13th, 2012
Matt Wagner (Awesome)
Github issues for current milestone
- #42 - community management mailing list
- agreed to put on "Contact Us" page
- assigned to Francesco
- #40 - about page busted with chrome
- #34, #39 - favicon, personas page
- Andy showed work in progress
- #27 - contribute page
- Jiri will start soon, should be done for this sprint
- releases page, under development page requested by website cabal
- Mainn will create github issues
- unclear relationship between aeolus, katello, cloudforms
- see how fedora distinguishes from RHEL?
- start with blog post
- Matt will send out info about how to manage our Openshift instances
After watching Steven Hardy's OpenStack talk at the aeolus developer
conference, I decided I like the whole OpenStack idea and decided to
spend a little time digging a big deeper. One thing I noticed was that
OpenStack was missing was key piece: Image Building functionality.
Something we already have in Aeolus through the use of ImageFactory.
After some work with Steven and too many hours of hacking and video
editing, we managed to create a demo - a proof of concept to show how we
can integrate ImageFactory with OpenStack to add in Image Building. The
result of which is a video and some repositories that will let you try
out a limited version.
The video can be found here (it's only 6 mins):
I also quickly wrote a getting started:
can ask me for more info if you get stuck.
I will be sending this stuff round the OpenStack mailing list later
today. I'm hoping this will help us in our fight to generate a
community (OpenStack have near 7000 strong communtiy).
If the idea is well recieved we aim to create a proper OpenStack plugin
and tweak factory a little to fit in better with OpenStack. If you want
to get involved in the project let me know, this is something we've been
working on in our spare time so the more fingers and toes the better.
Attendees: Andy Fitzsimon, Angus Thomas, Jaromir Coufal, Justin Clift, Tzu-Mainn Chen, Francesco Vollero, Tomas Sedovic, Matt Wagner
* *FOSDEM* - proposals submitted, wait and see
* *Red Hat Brno Dev Conference* - proposals submitted, wait and see
* *Linux.conf.au* - Mainn will follow up with Andy/Dan about getting some information about their talk to publicize
* *SCALE 11X* - Richard Su may have submitted a proposal, check and see
* Mainn will start tweeting
* discussed various ways of video-cizing the end-of-Sprint reviews; consensus around having a Google hangout with presenters post-review, which can be recorded. Mainn will talk to presenters about setting this up.
* talk to Website Cabal about separating out Sprint (and Release) blogs
* *Presentations from Brno* - Jirka sick today; follow upwith him to see if YouTube issues have been resolved
* *Aeolus Release* - Justin will coordinate with Release Cabal to see which specific components are being released, and. . .
* *Debian and Aeolus* - . . . pass this information on to the Debian developers
* *DevTools (Conductor on Ubuntu)* - Mainn will ping Mike Orazi again
* *Red Hat Summit* - proposal notes are on Matt's whiteboard, due at end of year
* *ImageFactory integration with OpenStack* - Tomas will talk to Martyn Taylor about writing a blog post