I'm having some troubles with the Admin Server (web). First, some
* This is my first experience with FDS
* I'm running Debian and followed the install instructions here:
* I created/installed the debian package from
* I can run the java console application, login, create entries, etc.
* I'm a python coder, not a java one, so I have no idea about the java
What version of Apache are you using? e.g. /usr/sbin/httpd.worker -V
Here are the issues I am seeing:
1) clicking on the "help" buttons on the java console results in a
download dialog with the following message:
The file "help" is of type application/octect-stream...
2) Clicking the "Restart" button (admin tasks) on the java console
results in a 404
3) Attempting to visit the url http://myhost:62332/
results in a
4) If I download the file, open it and read it, it's a binary file.
The file begins with the following:
And then later in the file, there is this:
5) I saw the following rewrite rule in
RewriteRule ^/$ /dist/download [R,L,QSA]
I commented it out, restarted the server, and now I get a 403
(Forbidden) when I access http://myhost:62332/
6) I set the admin server's log level to debug, and I started seeing
[Sun Dec 31 03:00:57 2006] [debug] mod_admserv.c(1759): [client
18.104.22.168] admserv_check_authz: uri [tasks/operation/StatusPing]
did not begin with [commands/] - not a command
[Sun Dec 31 03:00:57 2006] [debug] mod_admserv.c(1808): [client
22.214.171.124] admserv_check_authz: execute CGI
[/opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/admin/bin/statusping] args [(null)]
That's all I can think of for now. Does anyone have any clue as to
what could be going on? Is this a java app server dealie? I tried
searching through the docs and the FDS pages for anything that might
clue me in, and came up empty-handed...
Other than this, though, it looks like a killer LDAP server. Looking
forward to getting this rolled out here, and providing folks with the
web admin link to manage their info...
Fedora-directory-users mailing list