How to deploy our new jekyll website

Hugh Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Thu Sep 27 14:32:08 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 11:19:34AM +1000, Justin Clift wrote:
> Note - I've removed aeolus-devel from this, because I'm including
> links to internal things.
>

> On 27/09/2012, at 3:23 AM, Hugh Brock wrote:
> <snip>
> > I have a radical suggestion I would like to throw out for comment:
> >
> > I was talking to Matt Hicks the other day, of OpenShift, and he claims
> > they are moving *their entire agile setup* to GitHub. Basically they're
> > going to ditch stories in Rally and move them to the GitHub issue
> > tracker instead.
>
> Interesting.  As a data point, saw this last night in their recent archives
> while trying to resolve a problem:

[snipped private link]

> Gives the impression that their GitHub usage varies heaps, which doesn't
> feel in line with a group moving everything to it.

I'm just relaying what I heard from Matt Hicks, who is the engineering
lead for OpenShift. I don't think the switch is planned to happen
overnight, but they are heavy users of Rally now, and they are finding
that straddling two tools is bringing more problems than it solves.

But, leaving that aside, what do you guys think about the idea for
Aeolus? I know Redmine has more tracking features than GitHub, but it
feels like we're saddling ourselves with a substantial burden (hosting
an app, manually closing issues after committing code, etc.) that we
could erase simply by moving story tracking to GitHub.

--Hugh

--
== Hugh Brock, hbrock at redhat.com                                   ==
== Engineering Manager, Cloud BU                                   ==

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
--Robert McCloskey