How to deploy our new jekyll website

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Thu Sep 27 01:22:30 UTC 2012

On 27/09/2012, at 3:23 AM, Hugh Brock wrote:
<snip>
> I have a radical suggestion I would like to throw out for comment:
>
> I was talking to Matt Hicks the other day, of OpenShift, and he claims
> they are moving *their entire agile setup* to GitHub. Basically they're
> going to ditch stories in Rally and move them to the GitHub issue
> tracker instead.
>
> Now, I'm the first to admit that the GitHub issue tracker isn't the
> greatest tool ever to come down the pike, but you have to love the
> integration with the rest of the GitHub services and so on.
>
> So, rather than go through a whole dance with Redmine and the wiki and
> the website and GitHub Pages and so on, would it be worth considering
> just moving the whole shooting match to GitHub? If it's good enough for
> OpenShift, I'd think it would be good enough for us.
>
> (For the record, OpenShift has a rather nice "only the bot can merge
> pull requests after it makes sure all the tests pass" setup that keeps a
> tight lid on accidental merges. I think we would need something like
> this too.)

That doesn't make sense to me?

Here's my recent pull request to crankcase, which was merged by danmcp
(he's not a bot :>):

  https://github.com/openshift/crankcase/pull/497

They do have a bot running around that checks _if_ things can still be
merged (ie no merge conflict).  But it doesn't seem to do more than that.

+ Justin

--
Aeolus Community Manager
http://www.aeolusproject.org