Conductor+aeolus-configure updates require action

Matt Wagner matt.wagner at redhat.com
Tue Sep 11 17:29:14 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

I have just pushed updates to Conductor and aeolus-configure, as a
result of Jirka's excellent work[1][2] updating some of our UI
dependencies.

If you are working from source, there are some actions you may need to
take:

1.) Next time you pull Conductor, you will need to run "git submodule
 update" in the root of the checkout (not in src).

2.) You should update Conductor and aeolus-configure at the same time.
 The Conductor change introduces a column change that configure needs
 to know about. (No action is really needed until next time you run
 configure, but might as well update now since if you're anything like
 me, you'll forget about the change by the time you run into it.)

3.) A new migration is added in the Conductor changes, so "rake
 db:migrate" is in order.

4.) The RPM spec for Conductor now requires converge-ui-devel as a
 BuildRequires. If required, you can build that RPM like so:

 $ cd src/vendor/converge-ui
 $ git fetch --tags # if necessary
 $ tito build --test --rpm

You should not need to do this often -- the point of these patches is
that we are updating the version of the converge-ui library we use for
the first time in 3 months.

These changes are live on master now (as of moments ago). Barring any
catastrophes, they will land on the 1.1 branch shortly.

-- Matt

[1] https://github.com/aeolusproject/conductor/pull/52
[2] https://github.com/aeolusproject/aeolus-configure/pull/11