scenario: single rhev datacenter with multiple data domains

Giulio Fidente gfidente at redhat.com
Tue Oct 30 10:43:58 UTC 2012

hi there,

as per subject, I'm currently looking at a scenario where one configures
ovirt/rhev with a single datacenter and multiple data domains

currently I don't think imgfac allows for configuration of the data
domain where the templates are imported

ovirt/rhev can only instantiate VMs on the same data domain where the
template
is located

these two seem to prevent cloudforms from being used efficiently in such
a configuration

are there workarounds I'm not aware of? work in progress? worth an RFE?
--
Giulio Fidente, gpg key id 08D733BA