Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] Release deltacloud 1.0.4

Michal Fojtik mfojtik at redhat.com
Mon Oct 29 09:07:42 UTC 2012

FYI:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Release deltacloud 1.0.4
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 15:16:13 -0700
From: David Lutterkort <lutter at redhat.com>
To: dev at deltacloud.apache.org

Hi all,

I am pleased to announce the release of Deltacloud 1.0.4. The release is
available from http://deltacloud.apache.org/download.html It will be
available from rubygems.org in the next day or two.

KEYS: http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/deltacloud/KEYS
git tag: release-1.0.4
git repo: git://github.com/apache/deltacloud.git or
           https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/deltacloud.git

This is a bugfix release. Changes in this release:

   * server: shorten backtraces in logs to make them readable
   * server: report unknown frontend cleanly when starting server (JIRA 331)
   * server: generate docs at /api/docs resp. /cimi/docs
   * server: clean up how we map the various frontends into the server
URL space
   * tests: produce nicer output and improve Jenkins integration
   * Drivers
     + Google
       - capture 401 and 409 errors from backend
     + Openstack
       - report 401 when no username is given (JIRA 330)
       - query supported collections from backend; this implies that
         credentials are needed to access /api (JIRA 316)
   * EC2 frontend:
     - accept InstanceId as parameter for DescribeInstances (Oved Ourfali)
     - Start/StopInstance: ensure instance details are returned from all
       drivers, especially RHEV-M (Oved Ourfali)
   * CIMI frontend:
     - use correct CIMI v1.0 namespace in XML (Carlos Goncalves)
     - rename entities to match CIMI v1.0 (e.g. RoutingGroup ->
ForwardingGroup)
     - various fixes/enhancements for networking entities (only for mock
       driver so far)
     - fix ordering of attributes in XML responses
     - frontend still not entirely compliant with CIMI 1.0, especially
       embedded collections are not yet handled correctly
   * client
     - make sure we send provider when changing drivers

For a full list of all changes see the NEWS file[1]

David

[1] https://github.com/apache/deltacloud/blob/master/NEWS