a not-so-technical user's experience with Conductor part #2

Martin Povolny mpovolny at redhat.com
Fri Oct 26 12:07:35 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 04:30:28PM -0400, Matt Wagner wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 03:23:13PM +0200, Martin Povolny wrote:
>
> > #11 problem:
> > On more problem on the page. I see "Choose a Catalog to enable access:
> > ", then an EMPTY combobox and then a grey button that goes blue, when I
> > hover it.  The button does nothing.
>
> Ignoring the fact that this form doesn't seem to work for you, our
> description here is really unclear. I would argue that we should give
> some description of _why_ you would want to do this, and whether it was
> required or not.

Well I don't know why ;-) If I see a button, I wonder, what it does.
Some users are like that.

So to be more specific.

I went Content --> Default --> deployable name, I get to
'/catalogs/1/deployables/2'/.

Let's name this page "Deployable overview".

Below "Build status section" there's a section called "Catalogs"

the above description applies to this section.

It's a small details but when there's nothing to add, then the UI to add
catalogs should be probably grayed out or absent.

Having an empty combo to indicate that there are no more catalogs to add
is not right.

Hope I have made the explanation clear now.

Regards.

--
Martin Povolny <mpovolny at redhat.com>
tel. +420 777714458