fedora desktop / cloud integration

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Wed Oct 24 15:45:05 UTC 2012

On 10/24/2012 11:13 AM, Matt Wagner wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 10:47:30AM -0400, Mo Morsi wrote:
>> At today's Fedora Cloud SIG meeting, we discussed something akin to this
>> [1] but for cloud instances. Deltacloud [2] could be used to manage
>> connections to different clouds and we can provide a simple gui dialog
>> to configure providers. This would simplify the Fedora desktop / cloud
>> integration experience and make deploying to the cloud from Fedora
>> completely seamless.
> This is interesting. (Though honestly it just looks to be a prettier
> version of virt-manager?)
>
> It would be pretty nifty to add Deltacloud support, as you say. Or maybe
> Aeolus support. Right now Aeolus feels like it's more targeted at
> enterprise users, but I'm not sure it has to be. It could be a really
> awesome way to manage a couple of cloud deployments, whether it's
> hosting your website or running something compute-intensive.

Ya lets take it one step at a time, first we can implement / demo
deltacloud. Anything in addition to deltacloud has higher requirements
so should be strictly optional IMO.

After we do that it might make sense to extend it to support the more
abstract deployment formats. No sense adding it all at once until we can
show the previous stuff working and verify there is an interest in this
sort of thing.

  -Mo