Tomorrow: Redmine hostname change

Matt Wagner matt.wagner at redhat.com
Wed Oct 17 14:57:09 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 09:25:02AM -0400, Mo Morsi wrote:
> On 10/17/2012 05:03 AM, Martyn Taylor wrote:
> >

> >> c.) Because of technical limitations (multiple hostnames are not
> >> supported via SSL on a single IP), the static still will no longer be
> >> supported in HTTPS mode. (Redmine, of course, will use SSL -- it's
> >> taking over as the SSL vhost on our IP.)
> >
> > Have you looked at using SNI?
>

> Ya you can do it w/ gnutls:
>
> http://www.howtoforge.com/hosting-multiple-ssl-web-sites-on-one-ip-address-with-apache-2.2-and-gnutls-debian-lenny

I've generally shied away from SNI since it's not universally supported.
But maybe it will work for our purposes.

I'm not convinced that serving our static website over SSL is worth
spending a ton of time digging into, especially if this is all to gear
up to move it to another host that doesn't appear to support serving it
over SSL, but I'll see if SNI is supported on our current server.

FWIW, Apache has a more straightforward page:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/NameBasedSSLVHostsWithSNI