RFC: Portlets for Conductor

Matt Wagner matt.wagner at redhat.com
Tue Oct 16 13:44:50 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 10:33:48AM -0400, Tzu-Mainn Chen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Matt and I have come up with a design for creating portlets in Conductor for use in dashboard and the like.  Here's a summary design document:
>
> https://www.aeolusproject.org/redmine/projects/aeolus/wiki/Portlets
>
> Please send any feedback you may have!

I assume the lack of feedback thus far means that our plan is flawless.

I still find the list of display types to be fairly arbitrary. It seems
to me like "Admin" is just a different filter/sort on "List," and that
"Customized" is too broad -- maybe "Line Graph" could be a type? (Plus,
"Administrator" isn't necessarily a boolean thing -- what if I want a
list of deployments in a pool I don't own, but some of the deployments
are mine?)

I'm not sure we need to enumerate all possible types right now -- an
important goal, after all, is that it's easy to build on this -- but I
just want to make sure we don't end up with "Customized" being the
most-used type of portlet.