RFC: to show Credential Definitions with Provider Type or not

Scott Seago sseago at redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 18:31:25 UTC 2012

On 10/09/2012 12:31 PM, Petr Blaho wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on show action for Provider Type API and I am not sure if I
> should include Credential Definitions in XML representation of Provider
> Type resource at all (probably bad idea), use only ids and hrefs or if
> hsould I include the whole subresource there.
>
> The similar question goes for create action. Should the user
> be able to create new Credential Definitions from within Provider Type
> data XML provided to create action? And the same for update action.
>
> Or should be Credential Definition resource of its own?
>
> Looking for your input.
>
> --
>
> With Regards
> Petr Blaho

I'm thinking that it really belongs to the provider type, so I'm not
sure we want it as a separate subresource. It's really just a modeling
convenience that the CredentialDefinition is a separate object, since
the number is variable, etc. Part of the  definition of a provider type
is the list of attributes for provider account credentials.

Scott