Can we make November 1 the day OpenStack works end-to-end?

Matt Wagner matt.wagner at redhat.com
Mon Oct 1 13:45:36 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

I've been thinking some more about OpenStack and the fact that it's
still not working end-to-end in Aeolus. A lot of people have done a lot
of work to get individual components working, but it's still not all
integrated.

It's been something we've been trying to do for six months, and one of
the few bits of community feedback we've had. The situation is frankly
kind of frustrating.

So I'd like to propose that we draw an arbitrary line in the sand and
say that, one month from today, on November 1 (a Thursday), we will have
OpenStack working end-to-end and all requisite components released. Does
that seem feasible? To my knowledge, that means that we will need to:

1.) See that Deltacloud 1.0.4 is released.
2.) See that Image Factory 1.2 is released.
3.) Implement IME, or if that won't be ready by November 1, update
aeolus-image-rubygem to work with Image Factory 1.2.

While this feels a little bit like an aggressive schedule, this is
something that's already been 6 months in the making. I really think we
need to get this wrapped up soon. Does this seem like a workable plan to
everyone?