aeolus-configure -p rhevm fails if the admin password is not the default one

Tomas Sedovic tsedovic at redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 09:59:20 UTC 2012

On 03/16/2012 05:07 PM, Javier Pena wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been tinkering around with the CloudForms beta 1, and found something I feel is a bug. If I do the following:
>
> 1. yum install aeolus-all
> 2. aeolus-configure   (note that no provider is setup)
> 3. Login to the web portal, change the admin password as any recommended
> 4. Setup my rhevm provider in /etc/aeolus-configure/nodes/rhevm_configure   (file name might be different, speaking from memory)
> 5. aeolus-configure -p rhevm
>
> I see the script failing when trying to push the changes to Conductor. Some further research showed that the script is assuming the admin password is still the default one, so if I change it and try again it works.
>
> Is it the expected behaviour that providers should only be configured during the installation, or should I file a bug?
>
> Regards,
> Javier
>
> ----
> Javier Peña, RHCA                    email: javier.pena at redhat.com
> Senior Architect                     cell : +34 662 330080
> EMEA Infrastructure Practice

Hi Javier,

Aeolus-configure is doing 2 things: initial setup of Conductor
(services, firewall, database, default roles, etc). to make conductor
usable and, optionally, setup of the specified provider.

When you run it with the `-p rhevm` argument, it will add a RHEV-M
provider but that's just a shortcut. You can always add any provider
later on via the UI (Administer -> Providers).

My understanding is that you only run aeolus-configure once after the
installation. Later on you use the web UI.

Could any of the configure guys comment on this?

Thomas