I love sass, we should stick with sass

Matt Wagner matt.wagner at redhat.com
Mon Mar 19 13:47:19 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 04:17:45PM +1000, Andy Fitzsimon wrote:
> But for the sake of appreciating mind-blowing elegance check out http://learnboost.github.com/stylus/
>
> It's like the good parts of sass/scss compass and less merged  … I think i'm in love.. or maybe it's lust  - we'll see if stylus fades out of trend.

Ooh, that's nifty. Although for some reason I find that I'm really
bothered by the omission of colons for setting attributes. It just
doesn't feel right to omit them. (Then again, I'm also really bothered
by CSS not requiring/needing quotes in something like
"url(/images/foo.png)".

Though as long as we're admiring things that make syntax nicer and
coding easier, I'm still intrigued by CoffeeScript:
http://coffeescript.org/

The syntax is somewhat close to Ruby's, and (perhaps because of that) it
just seems much more intuitive.

Note that I'm necessarily proposing that we should switch, as much as
commenting on how nifty it looks.