problem to add vsphere account

Richard Su rwsu at redhat.com
Wed Mar 14 23:27:58 UTC 2012

Hi Vladimir,

Please see comments below.

On 03/14/2012 04:46 AM, Berezovski, Vladimir wrote:

> I repeated all   suggested steps   and do may see a  default  provider
> hardware profile within http://localhost:3003/api/hardware_profiles
> -exactly as you mentioned  .
>
> Since I already have a rhevm  as default  provider  it causes the
> problem ? looks like vsphere doesn't catch  the hwp1 .

Configuring vsphere after rhevm shouldn't be an issue. aeolus-configure
was built so that you could run it multiple times to configure multiple
cloud providers.

What did deltacloud show for vsphere's provider hardware profiles? That
is what did you see on http://localhost:3003/api/hardware_profiles?

There are two sets of hardware profiles.: 1. The provider-level hardware
profile which can be seen from deltacloud. 1. The hardware one specifies
in conductor and used to size a deployment.

The default hardware profile hwp1 in conductor has the following attributes:
arch = x86_64
memory = 512mb
storage = any
cpu = 1

Vsphere's provider hardware profile will have to match hwp1 for it to
"catch".

> In the conductor : Content -- Hardware -- hwp1  properties  I see the
> list of " Matching Provider Hardware Profiles " .
>
> The only items is in the list is the rhevm-default . I suspect that
> the vsphere should be there as well , right ?  Should be added ?

You will see it if hwp1 fits the ranges listed in vsphere's hardware
profile. Is this the case in your environment?