Brainstorming tasks for next sprint

Jan Provaznik jprovazn at redhat.com
Tue Mar 13 14:50:00 UTC 2012

On 02/13/2012 10:06 PM, Matt Wagner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As we start to wrap up bug-fixing, I was hoping to get a conversation
> going about what we need to tackle in upcoming sprints.

Hooks support:
there is now a basic Hook model, which should be used mainly for
Pacemaker (according to
https://www.aeolusproject.org/redmine/projects/aeolus/wiki/Pacemaker_Cloud_and_Conductor_Notification_API)
- it's not used ATM.

It would be nice to give users a way how to hook their own actions to
various events - and I don't mean only instance state changes, but also
models: for example when a user creates new template, image build is
finished, pool or other quota is reached, new user is added,...

This is related to another idea - general plugin system. We can say
"this is rails app, you can use rails plugins". Or we can explicitly
define hook points - with this we can offer backward compatibility, so
there is lesser chance that user plugins break w/ new conductor version.

Jan