Good visual progress indicator for GSG

Jason Guiditta jguiditt at redhat.com
Thu Mar 1 15:54:50 UTC 2012

On 01/03/12 08:42 +1100, Justin Clift wrote:
>Hey all,
>
>Was just pointed towards a nifty "progress indicator" in some recently
>released docs:
>
>  https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#referencelibrary/GettingStarted/RoadMapiOS/Introduction/Introduction.html
>
>(click the ">" forward button, watch the changes in the top graphic)
>
>I'm thinking this kind of approach makes sense for our future "Getting
>Started Guide" docs too.
>
>Anyone have ideas on how to do it even better? :)
>
>Regards and best wishes,
>
>Justin Clift
>
>--
>Aeolus Community Manager
>http://www.aeolusproject.org

Personally, that indicator is not very obvious. I had to go through a
couple pages before I noticed what was different.  I still like the
ol' 'highlight with yellow, then fade back to normal' to draw
attention.  Side effect is it works with whatever background you have
in the case of no javascript (yes, I know I seem to be the only one
that cares about that here anymore).
-j