Moving to Rally?

Matt Wagner matt.wagner at redhat.com
Fri Jun 15 19:49:53 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 03:07:45PM -0400, Scott Seago wrote:
> Also, we should be careful on the upstream vs. Red Hat product
> distinction. Aeolus is the upstream project, and we use Redmine -- I
> haven't seen any serious discussion so far regarding moving to Rally.
> Cloud Engine is the Red Hat product, and, as far as I know, nothing
> on Redmine today deals explicitly with the red hat product.
>
> Is the question that Aeolus should move from Redmine to Rally or
> that Cloud Engine should start using Rally for things (which would
> leave upstream to use Redmine as currently)?

This is a good point, and I sort of lumped the two together erroneously,
mostly since this was taking place on the upstream list.

It doesn't really change my mind, though. New feature development should
be taking place upstream first, which means that sprints should be
tracked by Redmine. Red Hat is of course free to do whatever they would
like internally, but it wouldn't be something useful to (or even usable
by) the upstream community.