Design of Forms

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 13:28:29 UTC 2012

On 15/08/2012, at 1:32 AM, Jaromír Coufal wrote:
> One more "hello" :)
>
> another thing I have designed is a layout and behavior of forms - you can check it here:
>
> http://codepen.io/coufalj/pen/qiEkH
>
> Still working on responsive, but it is not that important in this stage. What do you think about this concept of forms used across our     whole application?

Wow.  This is cool.

Bits I personally like:

 * The fade-in and fade out help text on the right hand side.
   ie:

     "Fill in your given name. Maximum allowed length is up to 30 characters."

 * The Green confirmation ticks, to obviously show which fields are complete.

   i.e.  "✓ This looks great! :)"

 * Coloured borders for warnings/errors.  Very nice.

   I kind of wonder what green borders on properly filled out fields would
   look like.  Tried to make it happen in Codepen, didn't figure it out. :(

 * "*Note*: foo bar baz ..." type text under relevant fields.  Helps give
   clear expectation.

The one thing I'm slightly unsure of, is why is there pop up help text over
titles on the left (i.e. "? Text input") as well as on the right hand side?

Guessing the pop up stuff is just for us looking at the example on Codepen?

:)

+ Justin

--
Aeolus Community Manager