RFC: Notification system

Matt Wagner matt.wagner at redhat.com
Mon Aug 13 21:26:55 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

I've been dwelling on user notifications a bit more. #3623 implies this
functionality, and there are some comments visible here:
https://www.aeolusproject.org/redmine/issues/3623

We have some licensing difference between our projects (grr!), but it
might make sense to see about borrowing the Katello implementation
rather than reinventing this from the ground up. They already support
persistent notifications which can be sent to multiple users, though
we'd have to add email notifications and perhaps notification
preferences. I added a couple of screenshots as well.

Let me know what you think -- does this seem like a good approach for us
to follow?