Explanatory guide text in Conductor?

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Fri Aug 10 11:34:41 UTC 2012

On 10/08/2012, at 5:58 PM, Jaromír Coufal wrote:
> ... So I would just go to the bottom of the page, hit help, hit
> deployable and I am right there, where I need to be.

Heh.  That doesn't seem so easy to me, from a "new user having
difficulties" perspective.

What I mean is the above isn't one step in thinking.  It's:

a) Er... ok, now I'm lost.  <-- user figures they need help
b) User needs to know to scroll to page bottom <-- not automatic
c) User scrolls to bottom of page
d) User hunts around for "that help link" then clicks on it
e) User hunts around for what seems like the right description
   for what they're trying to do.  "deployable?  is that it?"
   Click on a few things, looking for the right one.
   ^^^^^^ Remembering, this user is having issues.  Low
          knowledge level should be assumed here.
f) If the user gets this far, we'll be able to give them the
   info they want.

Compare this to:

a) Er... ok, now I'm lost.  <-- user figures they need help
b) User clicks link in flash message for more info.
   ^^^ The link should take them to exactly the right spot
       not just some index page, they then need to search
       through. ;)

Does that make sense?

+ Justin

--