RFC: Conductor - Provider / Provider Account API

Scott Seago sseago at redhat.com
Wed Apr 11 14:14:16 UTC 2012

On 04/11/2012 05:53 AM, Petr Blaho wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is just copy of https://www.aeolusproject.org/redmine/projects/aeolus/wiki/Feature_-_ProviderProvider_Account_API
>
> Feature - Provider/Provider Account API
> Summary
> This feature will provide HTTP API for manipulating Provider and Provider Account resources in Conductor.
>
> The standard set of actions includes CRUD - create, read, update and delete actions for Provider and Provider Account resources.
>
> Owner
> Petr Blaho
>
> Current status
> Currently there is an index action for both ProvidersController and ProviderAccountsController which responds to xml format.
> This is used in Aeolus CLI tool.
>
> Screencast Demo
> TBD
>
> Implementation tasks
> #3080 - Umbrella task
> #3108 - Ensure good test coverage for Providers / Provider Accounts Controller
> #3121 - Implement basic CRUD for Provider and ProviderAccount API
>
> Detailed description
> Data structures, URL structure and Resource methods are similar to ones described in Conductor Image Management API.

One thing to keep in mind if you're looking at existing Image Management
API as a model is that we're doing away with the split in controllers.
Going forward, API and UI methods should respond to the same RESTful
actions as the UI. Essentially the elements common to both API and UI
action happen in the main part of the API method and then the respond
block contains those parts that differ for XML/JSON return (API) and
HTML return (UI).