RFC Feature Planning: Additional Documentation

Matt Wagner matt.wagner at redhat.com
Mon Apr 2 14:23:38 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 12:01:11PM -0400, Tzu-Mainn Chen wrote:
> https://www.aeolusproject.org/redmine/projects/aeolus/wiki/Document_Conductor_models_and_relationships

Good stuff! I think Jay had previously documented some additions to the
project with RDoc, so I'd be interested to hear his feedback here. I
like the idea of auto-updating it and doing something like rsyncing it
to our website.

FWIW, we use annotate_models [1] to, well, annotate our models with
database columns. But I strongly suspect that most of us (myself
included for sure here!) have forgotten about it and not kept it up to
date. We might want to fold this into the documentation on what
developers should do as far as coding standards / sending patches.

It might be fun to include railroad[2] along with the RDoc stuff as
things we auto-build after each build. It generates diagrams like [3]
showing how the models fit together.

> https://www.aeolusproject.org/redmine/projects/aeolus/wiki/Document_Conductor_developer_setup

Yes!

-- Matt

[1] https://github.com/ctran/annotate_models
[2] http://railroad.rubyforge.org/
[3] http://people.redhat.com/~mawagner/aeolus-models-2apr2012.png [800kB
PNG file, though we should probably do PDF]