aeolus-image-rubygem .gemspec file

Jason Guiditta jguiditt at redhat.com
Tue Dec 20 15:47:33 UTC 2011

On 20/12/11 16:39 +0100, Petr Blaho wrote:
>Hi,
>
>when working on some patches or reviews I often needs to build
>rubygem-aeolus-image and manually install it as a rpm to system to
>use conductor against new not packaged code.
>
>I tried to use bundler to load aeolus-image rubygem from my modified
>code - using gem 'aeolus-image', :path =>
>'/home/pblaho/workspace/aeolus-image-rubygem'
>it failed.
>
>I found that it needs .gemspec file to work.
>
>I have just refactored Gem::Specification.new block from Rakefile to
>aeolus-image.gemspec and it works.
>
>I can send a patch with that simple change - but it will need to be
>properly tested if something in Rakefile is not broken (a succeded in
>building rpm from it) by someone else.
>
>What do you thing about introducing this .gemspec file to our repo?
>It will let us to use bundler to load that gem from directory (or git repo)
>instead of building and installing rpm package every time.

After you build the rpm and install it, why not just run 'bundle
update' in conductor source?  That will point it at the newest one you
have installed, unless the Gemfile (not the lock file) is locking it
down to a certain version, which it does not appear to be.  So the
short of it is, unless there is some problem I am not seeing, I dont
think we need to split out the gemspec, and really I woudl rather we
keep it where it is.

-j