Update Aeolus

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Wed Dec 14 14:21:24 UTC 2011

On 12/14/2011 09:07 AM, James Labocki wrote:
> The conductor db is tricky because one its initialized, configure
> will
> skip over it, eg no subsequent migrations will be run. Perhaps we can
> update configure to check for new migrations, and run those if not
> yet
> invoked.
> Is there a recommended way to drop the database so `aeolus-configure` would rebuild it with the latest changes?

aeolus-cleanup will drop the db.

Otherwise you can stop the services, run the postgres client via "psql
postgres postgres" and then "DROP DATABASE conductor"

> $ sudo aeolus-cleanup
> $ sudo yum remove aeolus-conductor iwhd rubygem-aeolus-image
> rubygem-aeolus-cli imagefactory aeolus-all deltacloud-core
> aeolus-configure   # i believe this covers all the components
> Does that include the db?

Yes, aeolus-cleanup removes the database.

>>> Also, it appears that when `yum update aeolus-all` is run,
>>> aeolus-configure is not included in the update. Instead, `yum
>>> update aeolus-configure aeolus-conductor` must be run to get both.
>>> Is there a method for ensuring all packages are updated by
>>> updating a single package?
>> Perhaps you already have the latest version of configure but not of
>> conductor? (what version of configure do you have?)
> I did not have the latest version, because running `yum update aeolus-configure aeolus-conductor` did update the packages.

Ah thinking about it this makes sense. aeolus-all has the following two
dependencies:

aeolus-conductor-daemons = %{version}-%{release}
aeolus-configure

Meaning updates to aeolus-all will pull aeolus-conductor of the same
version, but the version of aeolus-configure isn't tied to this. Perhaps
we will want to change this at some point

-Mo