RFC: Minor API change proposal for aeolus-cli

Jason Guiditta jguiditt at redhat.com
Tue Dec 13 20:30:35 UTC 2011

On 13/12/11 10:26 -0500, Michael Orazi wrote:
>Comments inline.

<snip>

<snip>
>I think there are really two points that should probably guide us here:
>
>1.  What does the syntax look like over time (as we add support for deployables for instance)?
>2.  From a UX point of view, does the organization of the cli fall roughly in line with the conductor api or web ui OR are we introducing yet another access pattern?

So, after further discussion in irc with Martyn, we have agreed to go
with the direction suggested above.  This will keep the cli more in
line with conductor, rails, and other ruby commandline interfaces.  At
some point in the future, it is entirely possible that we could offer
an additional syntax that allowed a more action driven interface vs
resource-driven, but for the time being, we will follow the
resource-driven route.  I will be putting together a patch over the
next couple of days implementing the first pass of this, which should
hopefully make it clear what direction we intend the interface to grow
in.

<snip>

-j