aeolus-image-rubygem integration in conductor

Scott Seago sseago at redhat.com
Thu Dec 8 14:05:03 UTC 2011

On 12/08/2011 06:20 AM, Jan Provaznik wrote:
> Hi,
> ATM there is little bit mess in using aeolus-image-rubygem - api
> controllers and new code in UI controllers use aeolus-image-rubygem,
> but before aeolus-image-rubygem existed there already were warehouse
> models definitions in conductor (which was apparently used as basic
> for aeolus-image-rubygem later).
>
> This code wasn't replaced when new aeolus-image-rugem was added into
> conductor, so now we have warehouse_model and warehous_client libs in
> conductor lib and Image, ImageBuild, Provider Image,... models which
> are simialr to models in aeolsu-image-rubygem.
>
> Is there already some task to clean this mess or are we going to stick
> with this for 1.0 release?
>
> Jan
I think we ought to clean it out. There may still be a need for
conductor models that extend the Aeolus::Image models -- for example the
conductor ProviderImage model contains this method:
   def provider
     Provider.find_by_name(@provider)
   end

That's the only method here that can't live in the Aeolus::Image model
(although we'll also need provider_account here since images are really
account-specific).

There may be similar implementation bits that are in one set of models
and not the other, so we should definitely remove the duplication and
fix the model dependencies accordingly.

Scott