Clear names

Greg Blomquist gblomqui at redhat.com
Wed Dec 7 17:05:55 UTC 2011

On 11/11/2011 12:48 PM, Angus Thomas wrote:
> There's been a lot of discussion recently about the best way to name the
> components that our users interact with.
>
> We have sought to arrive at a set of names with which are:
>
> - Descriptive and intuitive
> - Internally consistent
> - Consistent with the names used by similar applications which users
> might be familiar with
>

> Given that we'll need to update the code to reflect the new names, along
> with the related documentation etc., there's a great deal to be said for
> actually settling on a set of names.
>

> So, here's the list:
>
> Image template -> Component Outline
> Assembly -> Component Blueprint
> Deployable -> Application Blueprint
> Deployment -> Application
> Pool Family/Environment -> Cloud
> Pool -> Cloud Resource Zone
> User Defined Realm -> Cloud Resource Cluster
> Provider -> Cloud Resource Provider
> Hardware Profile -> Cloud Resource Profile
>

> Angus

Is this thread dead?

I'm trying to figure out if the changes to any of names were ever
settled.  Looking at the wiki page
(https://www.aeolusproject.org/redmine/projects/aeolus/wiki/Renaming_All_the_Components),
it looks like MattW is the only one to have commented on any of the
names, or provided alternate suggestions for the names.

Ultimately, I don't really have any input to add to the discussion.  I'm
just in the middle of spiffing up some documentation and wanted to be as
current as possible in my lexicon.